Terms and Conditions for Visitors
This website www.sopherco.com (“the Site”), including its subdomain taxplanner.sopherco.com, is owned by Sopher + Co LLP, trading as Sopher + Co (“us”, “our” or “we”) which is a firm of specialist accountants, tax consultants and business advisers and whose places of business are at 5 Elstree Gate, Elstree Way, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 1JD and at 38 Berkeley Square London, W1J 5AE.
We are members of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales and are registered to carry on audit work and regulated for a range of investment business activities, the firm’s number is C002530880. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under the Data Protection Act 1988 under Registration Number: Z2270574 and the firm’s VAT number is: 190 0897 92.
We have an affiliated firm, Sopher International Taxation Limited , incorporated in England & Wales, Registration Number: 07236714. This is a Corporate Practice which is registered with The Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales under number C002656760. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under the Data Protection Act 1988 under Registration Number: Z2270574 and the firm’s VAT number is: 994 504 879.
This document is only available in English.
The following constitutes a legal agreement between a visitor to our Site (“you”) and us with respect to our website service, the terms of which are set out below. By continuing to use the Site you represent that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by this Agreement. If you do not agree to (or cannot comply with) any of the below terms and conditions, please do not continue to access the Site.
Our Site is established to give you information about Sopher + Co and its people, resources, written materials and its services and to give you general guidance on matters which may be of interest to you.
ACCESSING OUR SITE
Access to our Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our Site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our Site, or to our entire Site.
1. OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 1.1 We have the right to revise and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time, for example, to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system’s capabilities.
2. YOUR AGREEMENTS
YOU AGREE that:
- 2.1 You understand that any information given on the site may not be complete or accurate and that it may be out of date and you understand that it is for general guidance only and that you should not act upon it without first taking professional advice.
- 2.2 It is your responsibility to provide accurate personal information (“Personal Data”) on any E-Membership Form you submit and you undertake that all the details you provide to us are correct.
- 2.3 It is your responsibility to ensure that your email address and Personal Data are current so you must therefore notify us by email at email@example.com of any changes. We will only use your Personal Data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
- 2.4 Whilst we will utilise anti-virus protections, it is your obligation to ensure that any use you make of our Site is free of any virus, Trojan horse, worm or any other items of a destructive nature. You will not hold us responsible for any damage that results from you accessing the Site (including any software or systems you use to access the Site).
- 2.5 You will not attempt or permit or encourage others to attempt to copy or make use of any intellectual property appearing on our Site for any commercial use or in any manner which would constitute an infringement of our copyright.
3. MISUSE OF THE SITE
- 3.1 You will only use the Site for the purposes referred to in this Agreement and not access the Site or use information gathered from it to send unsolicited e-mails.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless us, our partners, employees and consultants from and against any and all claims, losses, demands, causes of action and judgments (including solicitors’ or attorneys’ fees and court costs) arising from or concerning any breach by you of this Agreement and/or these Terms and Conditions for your use of the Site and you agree to reimburse us on demand for any losses, costs or expenses we incur as a result thereof.
- 5.1 We have the right to withdraw any online resource, written materials or service and to remove all reference to the same from the Site for any reason without notice to you and you agree that we will not be responsible for any loss, damage or cost as a result of such withdrawal.
- 5.2 The information we may provide to you on the Site is not to be taken as giving you tax, accountancy, legal or other advice and you must not rely on it as being such. It is always possible that despite our best efforts some of the information on our Site may be incorrect. We shall not be responsible to you for damages or otherwise in respect of any error made in any online resource or written materials.
- 5.3 We will not be liable for errors or omissions on the Site nor for loss or damage suffered by you as a result of any unavailability of the Site or by any use by you or reliance placed on the Site or its contents including any damage caused to your computer or otherwise howsoever, or any direct, indirect or consequential loss or loss of data.
- 5.4 We shall not be liable to you for the failure of any equipment, data processing system or transmission link and will not be liable to you as a result of any down-time which may occur upon the Site.
- 5.5 The Site is provided “as is” and you acknowledge that despite our reasonable endeavours the Site may contain bugs, errors and other problems (including, but not by way of limitation) infection by viruses (despite anti-virus protections which may be incorporated) or anything else which may cause contamination or destruction of any sort that may cause system failures. Notwithstanding, we will use all reasonable endeavours to correct any errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5.6 We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify the Site, or any part thereof, or to discontinue the same temporarily or permanently without notice to you and without any liability to you or to any third party.
- 5.7 We reserve the right to deactivate your E-Registration and to remove it from the database once we have received two hard bounce-backs.
- 5.8 Links to any third party websites from the Site are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave the Site. We have not reviewed all of these third party websites and do not control and are not responsible for any third party websites or their content or availability. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- 5.9 You are not permitted to create a link to this Site without our consent and you undertake not to do so.
- 5.10 If you choose to access any other third party website, these are sites beyond our control, and you do so at your own risk. You agree that any use of such third party site may be subject to your acceptance of the third party’s terms and conditions.
- 5.11 You agree that any transactions, dealings or arrangements you carry out on any third party site shall be direct with such third party (on the terms and conditions (if any) of such third party) and not with us. You agree that we are not liable in any way in relation to such transactions, dealings or arrangements which are at your own risk and responsibility.
- 5.12 From time to time third parties may link to our Site without our express consent or knowledge. We are not responsible in any way for any dealings which you may have with these unauthorised sites or any content which may be displayed or linked to by these third parties. If you do come across any link which is offensive or otherwise unsuitable or inappropriate to us or our visitors please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
6. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- 7.1 While we endeavour to ensure that the Site Content is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of any information on the Site. Commentary and information is not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on it without seeking independent professional advice to meet your requirements or circumstances. We may make changes to the Site Content at any time without notice. The Site Content may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
- 7.2 We will exercise reasonable skill and care in providing the Site and some Site Content is provided by third parties. We do not guarantee or accept any responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, currency or reliability of any Site Content from whatever source. We accept no liability and we do not assume any duty of care to you in respect of any loss you may suffer as a result of your reliance upon any Site Content.
- 7.3 You understand and agree that your use of the Site is at your own sole risk. The Site is provided “as is” and without warranty by us, and, to the maximum extent allowed by applicable law we expressly disclaim all warranties, express or implied including, but not limited to, implied warranties of reliability, completeness or accuracy of information, fitness for a particular purpose, and any warranty of non-infringement. We do not warrant, guarantee, or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Site with respect to performance, accuracy, reliability, security capability or otherwise. You will not hold us responsible for any damages that result from you accessing (including any software or systems you use to access) the website service or using the Site including, but not limited to, infection by virus, damage to any computer, software or systems or portable devices you use to access the same. No oral or written information or advice given by any person shall create a warranty or a representation from us.
- 7.4 To the extent that in a particular circumstance any disclaimer or limitation on damages or liability set out in this Agreement is prohibited by any law which is applicable, then, instead of the provisions hereof in such particular circumstance, we shall be entitled to the maximum disclaimers and/or limitations on damages and liability available at law or in equity by such applicable law and in no event shall such damages or liability exceed ten pounds (£10).
- 7.5 Under no circumstances shall we be liable for any unauthorised use of the Site.
8. THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
This Agreement is only for the benefit of you and us and no other person can claim a benefit from this Agreement by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 which Act shall not apply to this Agreement.
9. LAW AND LEGAL NOTICES
- 9.1 This Agreement and any other terms or documents referred to herein represent your entire agreement with us with respect to your use of this Site. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner consistent with the applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intentions of the parties, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
- 9.2 English Law governs this Agreement and your use of this Site, and you expressly agree that the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim or dispute between us or relating in any way to your use of this Site.
You acknowledge that we may change the terms of this Agreement by posting a new Agreement on the Site. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to check the Site regularly to ascertain if changes have been made and your continued use of the Site after such a change will constitute your acceptance of the changes.