HMRC has the power to investigate your business and financial affairs, and selection for such an investigation is often at random.
Being subject to an investigation by HMRC can prove to be a worrying and time-consuming experience. As such, we recommend that businesses seek the advice of an experienced team of accountants.
Our excellent working relationship with HM Revenue & Customs enables us to negotiate on our clients’ behalf from a position of strength. We have experience in dealing with all kinds of tax investigations, tax enquiries, tax disputes and conflicts, from simple enquiries into self-assessment tax returns and PAYE/VAT compliance visits, to dealing with Specialist Investigation Units on more complex investigations.
To help avoid any investigations, we are able to provide a full health check on your VAT and PAYE systems to ensure they are compliant.
In particular, we can help you:
- prepare disclosure reports as required under Code of Practice 9 (suspected serious tax fraud);
- prepare disclosure reports for unprompted voluntary disclosures;
- resolve tax investigations being conducted under Code of Practice 8 (tax avoidance);
- deal with tax enquiries raised into individuals, partnerships, corporates, offshore trusts or onshore trusts;
- work together with other professionals to achieve a settlement on behalf of mutual clients;
- negotiate tax penalties or other elements of tax investigations;
- appeal hearings;
- deal with conflicts with HMRC;
- make voluntary disclosures
We offer a fee protection service. For a small annual fee, you or your business can be protected from the professional fees associated with a compliance check. See our e-brochure here.
Please read carefully the Service Summary or contact our administrations department for further information – firstname.lastname@example.org