Our fully integrated US tax service provides advice to UK and European individuals and companies on all stages of investment in the US, including:
- entity selection (partnership, corporation, proprietorship)
- financing the investment using debt, equity, structured debt instruments, etc.
- treaty planning
- operational considerations – maximising deductions for capital recovery (depreciation, amortisation), intellectual property planning and planning using head offices charges
- efficient repatriation of earnings (e.g. through tiered investments)
- structuring the unwinding of investments
We are also able to provide a fully integrated US tax service to assist US citizens, US expats, green card holders and US companies with their UK and European investments and operations, including:
- advising on structuring investments, giving due regard to US-controlled foreign corporation and passive foreign investment company regimes
- foreign tax credit planning
- Capital Gains Tax planning
- advising on expatriation and exit tax
For all the above, we offer consultation services as well as assistance with the preparation of all tax and information returns and other associated tax filings, in addition to Foreign Bank Account Report (FBAR) and Foreign Asset Report forms.
Our proactive advisers also ensure that they remain up-to-date on the latest developments in regard to US tax legislation and developments in international tax. They will be able to readily help with any IRS or American tax related queries.
Click here for more information on moving to the UK from the US or moving to US from the UK.
To find out how we can assist you, please get in touch.